20 May The Lakes Region Buzzes with Life Memorial Day Weekend
The days are longer, the scent of lilacs is in the air, trees and lawns all over New England are growing greener every day, and the lakes are calling. Summer is just around the corner! This burst of new life coincides with a day set aside to honor our fallen heroes, and to mark the occasion, the Lakes Region will be alive with events and celebrations all next weekend…
Memorial Day Specials and Cruises on the M/S Mount Washington
- Specials for Veterans and Military – Veterans & military personnel, along with their spouses and children 13 and over, receive a special $10 rate aboard the M/S Mount Washington on Lake Winnipesaukee Saturday, Sunday, and Monday of Memorial Day Weekend. Children under 13 go free! This offer is good on all daytime cruises from all ports (Weirs Beach, Wolfeboro, Alton Bay, Center Harbor and Meredith). The regular rate for a daytime cruise is $30 for adults and $15 for children.
- Memorial Day Weekend Kids Cruise Free – Take your children on a cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee and show them one of NH’s natural wonders. Memorial Day weekend they cruise for free! This offer is good on all daytime cruises from all ports. Free for all children 12 and under.
- Salute to Service Dinner Cruise – Saturday, May 28th at 7pm – In celebration of our public servants, including First Responders, Police, Fire Fighters, EMTs, and US Military & Veterans, enjoy a dinner cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee for only $35. This offer is extended to everybody. Please bring a service person along or help spread the word. The cruise departs Weirs Beach at 7pm.
- Sunday Champagne Brunch Cruise – Sunday, May 29th – Enjoy a wonderful Champagne Brunch with Jazz entertainment while you cruise Lake Winnipesaukee, the largest lake in NH. This crystal clear natural body of water is spring fed, surrounded by 3 mountain ranges, and contains more than 240 habitable islands. What a wonderful way to see New Hampshire’s natural wonders! Adults $47 and children $24. Admission includes cruise, brunch, and Mimosa or Champagne for adults 21 and over. The cruise departs from Weirs Beach at 10am and 12:30pm, and from Alton Bay at 11:15am. For more information call 603-366-5531 or visit cruiseNH.com.
Pancake Breakfast with Squam Lakes Association
- SLA’s Annual Pancake Breakfast – Saturday, May 28th 9 – 11am – Kick off Memorial Day Weekend with breakfast overlooking Squam Lake. Join the Squam Lakes Association for its annual pancake breakfast. The menu includes their amazing pancakes, bacon, fruit salad, oatmeal, coffee, juice, and a fixins bar. All welcome! $10 per person, kids five and under eat for free. Guests are invited to take a guided tour of the SLA Campus, scale the climbing wall in the barn, take a boat out for a paddle, and check out interpretive displays for the latest and greatest on the SLA’s conservation, education, recreation, and volunteer programs! For more information, call 603-968-7336 or visit squamlakes.org.
Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad – Veterans Ride Free!
- The Hobo Railroad in Lincoln and the Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad in Meredith & Weirs Beach are extending a well-deserved THANK YOU to all active duty, retired, and honorably discharged military Veterans by providing each Veteran with a complimentary ticket to enjoy a relaxing round-trip ride aboard one of their restored vintage coaches during this special 3-day holiday weekend! Regularly priced tickets will be available to family members who would like to join their Veterans. Tickets are $19 for adults, $15 for children ages 3 – 11, and children under 2 ride free. Tickets can be purchased online at hoborr.com and at our Meredith & Weirs Beach, NH locations. For more information, please call 603-745-2135.
25th Annual Memorial Weekend Craft Fair
- Kick off summer with a visit to Mill Falls Marketplace this weekend and see Meredith come alive with over 100 juried artisans from all over New England. Sample culinary delights, enjoy live musical entertainment, and shop till you drop! All exhibitors will be selling only their own work, so you know each item is handcrafted and unique! Saturday 10am to 7pm, Sunday 10am to 5pm, and Monday 10am to 4pm. The Fair is held rain or shine, is handicap accessible, and admission is free! Food sales benefit Lakes Region Altrusa Club. For more information, please call 603-332-2616 or visit us at castleberryfairs.com.
Farm to Table Brunch at Moulton Farm
- On Sunday May 29th at 9am, Moulton Farm in Meredith is putting out a spread that the entire family will enjoy. The farm’s outdoor farm-to-table brunch buffet will feature seasonal fruit, delicious baked goods, and egg and breakfast meat dishes prepared by the farm’s talented kitchen and bakery staff. $16.99 plus tax per person with a special price of $9.99 plus tax for children 10 and under. For more information, please call 603-279-3915 or visit moultonfarm.com.
Franklin Animal Shelter 5K
- On Sunday May 29th at 7:30am, enjoy a beautiful run along scenic Chance Pond and Webster Lake on a U.S. Track & Field certified 5K course. This race is a Franklin Animal Shelter Signature Event. All funds raised allow the shelter to continue its mission to shelter, care for, and advocate for the abused, neglected, and abandoned cats and dogs of the local communities by taking steps to control overpopulation and providing healthy animals that will be adopted into loving ‘forever’ homes. Race tickets are $30 if purchased online at franklinanimalshelter.com. For more information, please call 603-671-3909.
For additional information on Meredith and some of the great events happening around the Lakes Region, visit www.meredithareachamber.com and www.lakesregion.org. And don’t forget to stop by the Mill Falls at the Lake website, too, at www.millfalls.com.
All of us at Mill Falls at the Lake wish you a happy and safe holiday weekend!
The Mill Falls Blogging Team